Dear Verbum Dei Family,
Although this New Year has started with a lockdown, January is for us Verbum Dei a very significant month. We celebrate the 58th anniversary of Verbum Dei on the 17th January and then the Feast Day of our Patron, St Paul, on the 25th January. May Jaime Bonet and St Paul guide us all in our prayer and mission as Verbum Dei.
God is free from Covid and it is a grace and encouragement when we can see His Work above all. Our work and community interaction continue to be more online, through Zoom, sharing God’s Word in many weekly prayer groups, formations and retreats. Despite of all, God has blessed us with meeting, connecting, empowering many with God’s Word and Community in Faith. We can really make ours the words of St Paul: ‘the Word of God is not chained up...’ (2Tim 2:9)
In Our Year Calendar, uploaded below, you can find more details of our different activities, retreats and events, many online. Here below is what is coming up. Do help us to invite others to it, please.
- 22nd May – Pentecost Retreat
- 28th – 30th May 2021 – International VDMFa Webinar- 12.30 – 2.30pm Topics addressed: Evangelizing youth, Missionary intentionality, Evangelizing communities.
- 5th June 2021 – North Europe VDMFa Encounter An opportunity to celebrate, know and share with our Verbum Dei Missionary Family in North Europe. With input for prayer, group sharing, workshops and adoration.
- 18th – 20th June 2021 – Married Couples Retreat: ‘Our Daily Love’ Embracing Marriage in the challenges of today. For and led by married couples.
- 2nd – 6th August 2021 – Days for Families – Rooted in Love Suitable for one or both parents with children; with prayer, faith activities in the mornings and free afternoons.
- 8th – 15th August 2021 – Week Summer Silent Retreat A week silent retreat, online and/or ith some places in the Verbum Dei retreat centre on the Isle of Wight.
For more information, please email us: email@example.com
About our Solidarity Project... in July and August 2020: we could help 37 poor families, who lost their jobs due to the Pandemic, to have food to eat: 12 families from Mexico, 5 from Colombia, 15 from Panama, 5 from Africa. Some people have asked us to continue this project. So if you wish to contribute to it, do let us know, and we’ll give you more information.
May God bless you all,
UK Verbum Dei Missionaries
Want to receive regular updates?
Provide your details to subscribe to our mailing list: