The Verbum Dei Retreat Centre on the Isle of Wight aims to be a place of encounter with God, combining simplicity with a welcoming atmosphere of community. It is situated in beautiful scenery with impressive views in the heart of the Isle of Wight.
The Centre incorporates a cottage and outbuildings that were originally part of St. Dominic’s Priory, a Dominican Convent built in the 19th century overlooking Carisbrooke Castle.
What we offer:
– Wednesdays, 11.30am: School of the Word (with input, prayer and sharing)
– Quiet days and silent retreats (for groups and individuals)
– Retreats for teenagers, students and adults (weekend, week or longer)
– Confirmation / parish Retreats
– Couples Encounters and Retreats
– Spiritual Direction
The Centre can also be booked for retreats and events conducted by other groups.
– Two chapels
– Two residential blocks with accommodation for 36 people, with shared and single rooms
– Two on-suite rooms
– A dining room and serving area
– A multifunctional room for meetings, workshops and other activities
– Pleasant and spacious garden and grounds
– Parking space
– Various walking trails
Working adult: £40 per person, per night (including meals)
Student/unemployed: £25 per person, per night (including meals)
There are passenger and car ferry services running from Southampton to East Cowes (IoW), Portsmouth to Fishbourne (IoW) and Lymington to Yarmouth (IoW). Please contact us if you need assistance on getting to the Centre from the ferry docks.